Ashford Traditional Spinning Wheel
The Ashford Traditional is the world's most popular spinning wheel and is terrific value for money for beginners and experienced alike. Strong and sturdy, it is made from New Zealand silver beech throughout. The design has only seen minor improvements over 40 years.
In short, the perfect first (and last!) wheel.
Out of the box, it comes with a single treadle and either single-drive or double-drive (choose when buying). You can add the second treadle and you can buy a double-drive kit to convert a single-drive model.
- four bobbins and vertical lazy Kate (pictured)
- welcome pack including 'Start Spinning' booklet
- While stocks last DVD - Spinning the Ashford Way. Includes assembling an Ashford Traditional, spinning lesson, carding, dyeing and much more.
- wax polish
- yarn gauge
- copy of The Wheel magazine
- free carriage
Options for your Traditional wheel:
- sliding-hook flyer
- jumbo sliding-hook flyer
- high-speed flyer kit
- double-drive version or double-drive kit to convert single-drive wheel
- double treadle kit
- extra bobbins (Takes standard bobbins, single or double drive as appropriate.)
- wheel diameter: 56cm (22in)
- orifice: 10mm (3/8in)
- orifice 67cm from ground
- takes standard bobbins - capacity: 100gm (3-4oz)
- ratios: 6.5, 12.5, 17.5
- ball bearings
plus postage NB - UK only
Next dispatch: Thu 22 Jun